Trouble Shooting Quickbooks Integrations
*** UNDER CONSTRUCTION *** How to solve problems when you receive error messages on transactions not syncing to Quickbooks
Below is a list of error messages and conditions and suggested solutions for resolving them.
Errors on Products
- Missing Accounts
- Duplicate name exists
- Wrong Item type
Errors on Customers
Errors on Suppliers
Errors on Purchase Orders
- No Supplier: All purchase order must have a Supplier, Quickbooks will not allow you to sync Purchases Orders that have have an "-- Unspecified --" supplier.
Solution: No Supplier
- Edit the Purchase order and select a Supplier from the list. IF you have not created any Suppliers, use the Add New, Supplier link on the quick link ribbon and create a Supplier, Then come back to the Purchase order and select the supplier.
Errors on Invoices
Missing Inventory Item Quantity:Quantity required for inventory item
- No Customer: All invoices must have a Customer. Quickbooks will not allow you to sync Invoices without a Customer name.
- Invalid reference to Quickbooks item line
Solution: Missing Inventory Item Quantity
- There are a few different situations that may cause this error. The first and most common is there is an item on your sales order that does not have a qty or it has a zero for the order qty. This zero qty got transferred to your invoice on that order and now is attempting to be synced with Quickbooks. Quickbooks will not allow an invoice to have an item on it with a zero qty. Make sure the Sales Order is in Editable Status this is because....UNDERCONSTRUCTION
Solution: No Customer
- Edit the Sales order and select a Customer from the list. IF you have not created any Customers, use the Add New, Customer link on the quick link ribbon and create a Customer, Then come back to the Sales Order and select the Customer.
Solution: Invalid reference to Quickbooks item line
- Quickbooks does not allow you to use or map to any built in sales tax item or discount. You are only allowed to use Inventory items, Service items and Other charge items. Make sure the Quickbooks Item name you are using or mapping to is NOT a Discount, Payroll, or Tax item. You may need to change the Discount/Fee name in Finale and create a new Quickbooks Item name that does not collide with a built in Tax or Discount item name in Quickbooks.
- If you are pushing Sales Tax into Quickbooks from Finale, it will go into Quickbooks as a Line Item on the invoice. Make sure you do not TAX the invoice again in quickbooks. The Line item that Finale uses to push the tax to Quickbooks on must be setup as a Service or Other Charge Item type. It cannot be mapped to a Quickbooks built in Sales Tax account. You must map it to a Other Current Liability account with an account type of Other Current Liability.