- Information We Collect
- Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Security and Storage of Information
- Persons Under the Age of 13
- Links to Third-party Websites
- Contacting Us
- Last Revision Date
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Generally. We collect personal information from our users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide. You can browse our site without providing personal information, but you must register in order to access most of the features of Service. We ask for certain information such as your company, email address, username, and password when you create a Finale account, or if you correspond with us. We may also collect payment information in connection with your use of the Service.
- Messages and User Content. We may retain any messages you send through the Service and information you post to the Service.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you. We may send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, billing notices, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
- Cookies. We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time.
- Log Data. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Web Beacons and Similar Tools. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Third Parties. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. We may receive reports from third party analytics providers, which we may combine with the personal data we collect from you directly.
- Mobile Device and Location Data. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
2. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information”. We may also share your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Finale, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Service Providers. Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf or in order to carry out their work for us, which may include payment processing, service fulfillment, or providing analytics services;
- Business Transfers. Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings. Your information, including user names and email addresses, User Content, and other user information may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Data. We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Account data. You can edit and change your profile and account data through the “Settings” section of your account.
- Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, password requests, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. If your account becomes inactive, we may maintain your personal information in case you wish to re-engage our Service. Please contact us if you wish to delete your account.
4. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Finale uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
We post a list of customer testimonials on our websites that contain information such as our customers’ names and titles. We obtain the consent of each customer prior to posting any testimonial attributed to that customer.
We only collect information that you knowingly supply to us through e-mail, form completions, or telephone conversations. All information collected is protected against unauthorized access or release. We do not sell, rent, or loan any identifiable personal information to any third party. Information is only released if we are required to do so legally. By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Finale Inventory only.
As you browse finaleinventory.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with finaleinventory.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
If you have any questions or comments on this policy feel free to contact us at the phone number above or contact us via email.
6. POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to persons under age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that your child has provided Finale with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
9. CONTACTING US
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement by email: [email protected]
10. LAST REVISION DATE