Welcome to Finaleinventory.com, the website, online service, and mobile applications of Finale, Inc. (“Finale”). This Privacy Notice applies to data collected through our website (www.finaleinventory.com) and online service, as well as our downloadable applications, APIs, email, and other messaging systems or telephone (collectively the “Services”). This Privacy Notice applies only to the practices of companies we own, control, or are united with under common control. By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to the Services referenced above, not to other websites (“Third-party Sites”) for which our Services may contain links. If you submit your personal information to any of these Third-party Sites, your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. As a safety measure, we recommend that you not share any personal information with these third parties unless you've checked their privacy policies and assured yourself of their privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
We receive personal information from our users in order to provide you with a useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we receive are divided into two types: 1) information that we receive and control (“Controlled Data”) and 2) information we receive from a customer to process for the customer at the customer’s request and on the customer’s behalf (“Processed Data”). We discuss each type in more detail below.
Information We Control About You
Controlled Data You Provide Voluntarily
We collect information about you only if we need the information for some legitimate purpose. Generally, when you submit or provide information to us, the personal information we collect may include the following: your name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, business email address. More specifically, you may voluntarily provide us with your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Account Creation and Administration. When you sign up for an account to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your first and last name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, and business email address. You'll also be required to choose a unique username and a password, as well as an account name, for accessing the created account.
- Form Submissions. We record information that you submit when you submit a form to request customer support or to contact Finale for any other purpose, such as your email address and any information contained in or attached to the form submission
- Payment Processing. When you buy something from us, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card information or other payment account information. When you submit your card information, we store the name and billing address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number. For quick processing of future payments, if you have given us your approval, we may store your credit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secured servers of our Payment Gateway Service Providers.
- Interactions with Finale. We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including if you email us or contact us via telephone, a messaging service, website form, social media or a social network, for providing and improving our Services, including by improving our interactions with you and other customers.
- Testimonials. We may post customer testimonials on our websites that contain information such as our customers’ names and titles. When you authorize us to post testimonials about our Services on websites, we may include your name and other personal information in the testimonial. You will be given an opportunity to review and approve the testimonial before we post it. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
Controlled Data We Collect Automatically
- Information from Browsers, Devices and Servers. When you access our Services we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. We, our advertising partners and our service providers may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, Local Storage Objects (LSOs) (such as HTML5 and Flash LSOs) and scripts to collect this information.
When you access our Services, our or our service providers’ servers may send a cookie to your computer. Below is a description of the types of cookies we use and when and how you can control their use.
TYPE OF COOKIES
(sometimes also known as session cookies)
Required cookies enable you to navigate our Websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Websites and using our Services.
If you have chosen to identify yourself to Finale, we may place on your browser cookies containing an encrypted, unique identifier. These cookies allow us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Websites and Services and to process your online transactions and requests.
Because required cookies are essential to operate the Services, you cannot opt out of these cookies.
Functionality cookies allow our Websites and Services to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of our Websites and Services after logging in.
When you visit our Websites, purchase Services or provide us with personal information, a unique identifier is assigned to you. This unique identifier is associated with a functionality cookie that we place on your web browser. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in functionality cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in functionality cookies.
We may use information from required (sometimes called session) cookies and functionality cookies in combination with web registration information, telephone prospect information, billing information (other than credit card information) and email and messaging information to provide you with information about us and our Services.
To learn how to opt out of performance cookies using your browser settings refer to Cookies and Other Technologies under the Your Choices section below.
If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, some features of the Websites and/or Services may become unavailable to you.
Finale engages third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit our Services, like Google Analytics for website analytics.
We may also use other third-party cookies to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals, to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications, and to track the performance of our advertisements. The information provided to third parties does not include personal information, but this information may be re-associated with personal information after we receive it.
To learn more about the third-parties we engage to analyze actions with respect to the Services and how to opt out of third-party cookies using your browser settings refer to Cookies and Other Technologies under the Your Choices section below.
If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, some features of the Services may become unavailable to you.
- Information from Application Logs and Mobile Analytics. We collect information about your use of our Services from application logs and in-house usage analytics tools, and use it to understand how we can improve our Services to better provide for your business use and needs. This information includes clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
Controlled Data We Receive From Third-Parties
- Information from Service Providers. Finale may also receive information about you from review sites if you comment on any review of our Services, and from other third-party service providers that we engage for marketing our products and services.
- Information from Social Media Sites and Other Publicly Available Sources. When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our Services, or better understand user reactions and issues. We must tell you that once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media sites. Finale may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
Information We Process on Behalf of a Customer
Processed Data You Enter Into the Services
You may entrust information that you or your organization control, to Finale in connection with your use of our Services or for requesting technical support for our Services. This includes information regarding your customers (“End Customers”), your suppliers (“Suppliers”), or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services (if you are a processor). The data may either be stored on our servers when you use our Services, or transferred or shared with us as part of a request for technical support or other services.
Processed Data Received from Enabled Third-party Integrations
Most Services support integrations with third-party services. If you choose to enable any third-party integrations, we may receive information, including personal information, from those third-parties, which we then process on your behalf. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of the third-party services before you enable integrations with them.
Processed Data Received Through Your Use of Our Downloadable Applications
When you elect to use our barcode scanner applications to scan barcodes, the scanned barcodes will be transmitted to our cloud-based Services and will be used only for tracking inventory. The data stored on your mobile device will be used in the context of the mobile application, and transferred to and associated with your account in the corresponding Services (in which case the data will be stored on our servers) or remain on your device (in which case the data will remain with you unless you share it with us). In addition to transferring data from your mobile device to the account on the cloud-based Services, you may also elect download information from your cloud account to your local device through one of our applications. In this case, information regarding your account, such as your product IDs, your stock levels, your purchase orders and your sales orders may be downloaded to and stored on your mobile device. For clarity, the information you download to your mobile devices may include Processed Data (as defined before), data that we control, or a combination of both.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
How We Use Controlled Data
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you (such as through email) about Services-related applications that you have downloaded and Services that you have signed up for, changes to this Privacy Notice, changes to the Terms of Service, or important notices;
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our Services;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our Services, such as enabling collaboration, providing inventory management and order fulfillment, and backing up and restoring your data;
- To understand how users use our Services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our Services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of Finale, Finale’s users, third parties and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our Services, including but not limited to providing our websites, and tracking visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user;
- To provide you with and target advertising based on your activity and interests, both on our own Services and on third-party sites and applications.
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user;
Use of Processed Data
We recognize that you own your Processed Data. We provide you complete control of your Processed Data by providing you the ability to (i) access your Processed Data, (ii) share your Processed Data through supported third-party integrations, and (iii) request export or deletion of your Processed Data. We process your Processed Data when you provide us instructions through the various features of our Services. For example, when you use the Services to process an order you receive from an End Customer, information such as the End Customer’s ship-to address, first name, last name, order details, and any additional information input by the End Customer and received by you in relation to the delivery of the order may be used to manage your inventory and fulfill your End Customer’s order. We may also use information about your Suppliers, such as information related to your purchase of raw materials or products from your Suppliers in order to facilitate the management of your inventory through the Services.
HOW WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
Finale does not sell any personal information. We share your information only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice, and only with parties who adopt appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Finale does not share end user Processed Data with third-parties for advertising purposes.
- Sub-processors. We may share Processed Data with sub-processors who assist in providing the Services, like our infrastructure provider. A sub-processor is a third party data processor engaged by Finale that agrees to receive Processed Data from Finale intended for processing activities to be carried out (i) on behalf of Finale customers; (ii) in accordance with customer instructions as communicated by Finale; and (iii) in accordance with the terms of a written contract between Finale and the sub-processor.
- Finale maintains an up-to-date list of the names and locations of all sub-processors. You can obtain a copy of this list by contacting [email protected].
- Third-party Integrations You Have Enabled. Most Services support integrations with third-party services. If you choose to enable any third-party integrations, you may be allowing the third party to access the Processed Data or Controlled Data we hold about you. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of the third-party services products before you enable integrations with them.
- APIs. Our APIs provide programmatic access to Processed Data. You may access your Processed Data directly through our APIs, or you may configure other third-party services or systems to access Processed Data through our APIs; though doing so requires providing those services or systems login credentials that you control. It is not possible for you or any third party to access your Processed Data through the APIs without login credentials provided by you.
- Legal Obligations and Compliance. We may be required by law to preserve or disclose your personal information and Processed Data to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements.
- Enforcement of Finale’s Rights. We may disclose personal information and Processed Data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, or protecting the safety of our users.
- Business Transfers. We do not intend to sell our business. However, in the unlikely event that we sell our business or get acquired or merged, we will ensure that the acquiring entity is legally bound to honor our commitments to you. We will notify you via email or through a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or in the uses of your personal information and service data. We will also notify you about any choices you may have regarding your personal information and service data.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We might also share data with third parties if the data has been de-identified or aggregated in a way so it cannot be used to identify you or your end users.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights with respect to the Controlled Data that Finale holds about you. Finale undertakes to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
- Right to Access. You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the source of the information, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use or share your information. This right may not be available to you if there is no supervisory authority dealing with data protection in your country.
If you are from the European Economic Area and you believe that we hold Processed Data about you on behalf of one of our customers, please contact the customer if you would like to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to processing, or export your personal data. We will extend our support to our customer in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
STORAGE, TRANSFERS, AND RETENTION
Your information may be stored and processed in – and we may transfer information to – the U.S. and other countries where Finale and our advertising partners and service providers maintain systems and facilities. In addition, information that we collect about you (including personal information) may be transferred to other third parties across borders and/or from your country to other countries around the world.
You acknowledge that we may transfer information to the U.S., to any country in which Finale, its advertising partners, and its service providers maintain systems or facilities, and to other countries globally.
If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you acknowledge that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, consistent with our legal obligations governing the transfer of such data.
Finale employs appropriate safeguards for cross-border transfers of personal data, as required by applicable local law, including EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Retention of Controlled Data
We retain your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice. Sometimes, we may retain your information for longer periods as permitted or required by law, such as to prevent abuse, if required in connection with a legal claim or proceeding, to enforce our agreements, for tax, accounting, or to comply with other legal obligations. When we no longer have a legitimate need to process your information, we will delete or anonymize your information from our active databases. We will also securely store the information and isolate it from further processing on backup discs until deletion is possible.
Retention of Processed Data
We hold the data in your account as long as you choose to use the Services. Once you terminate your user account on the Services, your data will eventually get deleted from active database during the next active database clean-up.
LEGAL BASES FOR CONTROLLED DATA
Legal Bases Applicable to Finale
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for information collection and use depends on the personal information concerned and the context in which we collect it. Most of our information collection and processing activities are typically based on (i) contractual necessity, (ii) one or more legitimate interests of Finale or a third party that are not overridden by your data protection interests, or (iii) your consent. Sometimes, we may be legally required to collect your information, or may need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Legitimate Interests Notice
Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and if those legitimate interests are not specified below, we will clearly explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information. Our legitimate interests include, but are not limited to
- contacting prospective customers to market and advertise our Services;
- ascertaining the interests and preferences of customers and prospective customers;
- tracking which parts of the Services individuals access, and ascertaining what interests individuals and how individuals interact with information, materials and other assets on our Services;
- determining the most appropriate information, materials and assets to present to customers and prospective customers, and establishing the likelihood of their companies to buy;
- ascertaining what might be of interest to customers and prospective customers; and
- protecting our business, assets, property and rights.
- Opt Out of Non-essential Electronic Communications. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function included in all such messages. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails.
- Cookies and Other Technologies.
- Most browsers allow you to block third-party cookies or prevent cross-domain tracking. This will limit the cookies that can be set by third-party scripts. This will not completely eliminate tracking by some third-party services though as they may use first-party cookies.
- You can opt out of interest-based advertising on these two pages: NAI consumer opt-out page and DAA opt-out page. This will not remove ads, but will for example remove the possibility for us to display ads to people that have visited our website. Note that these services in themselves requires cookies.
- Optional Information. You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as first and last name. You can also delete or change your optional profile information. You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to persons under age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under age 16 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that your child has provided Finale with personal information without your consent, please contact us: [email protected].
SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We have taken steps to implement appropriate administrative, technical & physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of the information you entrust to us. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your data, we encourage you to check our Security & Compliance page or write to us at [email protected]entory.com with any questions.
DO NOT TRACK (DNT) REQUESTS
Some internet browsers have enabled 'Do Not Track' (DNT) features, which send out a signal (called the DNT signal) to the websites that you visit indicating that you don't wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not take action in response to these signals.
If you have enabled notification on our desktop and mobile applications, we may push notifications through a push notification provider such as Apple Push Notification Service, Google Cloud Messaging or Windows Push Notification Services. You can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications by turning off notifications in the application or device settings.
COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may modify the Privacy Notice at any time, upon notifying you through a service announcement or by sending an email to your primary email address. If we make significant changes to the Privacy Notice that affect your rights, you will be provided with at least 30 days' advance notice of the changes by email to your primary email address. If you think that the updated Privacy Notice affects your rights with respect to your use of the Services, you may terminate your use by sending us an email within 30 days. Your continued use after the effective date of changes to the Privacy Notice will be deemed to be your agreement to the modified Privacy Notice. You will not receive email notification of minor changes to the Privacy Notice. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check back at https://www.finaleinventory.com/privacy-policy periodically.
LAST REVISION DATE
This Privacy Notice was last revised on, and effective as of October 15, 2018.