Barcode Scanning Solution
Barcode Inventory Management Solution
If you’re looking to implement a barcode system for your inventory management strategy, Finale Inventory offers an excellent solution. Our system integrates with a variety of barcode scanners. Meanwhile, the data collector software simplifies warehouse operations. and provides real-time data that helps you better sort and track products wherever they are on your shelves or order bins.
Comprehensive Barcode Solution
Finale Inventory offers an easy-to-use turnkey barcode solution to make your warehouse more productive and your inventory count more accurate. With our integrated barcode system, user-friendly software, extensive training, technical support and custom-build capabilities, Finale Inventory meets all your inventory management and barcode scanning needs.
With Finale Inventory, your business can:
- Save time: Barcode technology allows you to locate a product no matter where it is in the warehouse. By using barcodes on products themselves and the shelves and bins where they’re stored, you can call up the location of any item within your software. The technology reduces picking errors and can direct workers throughout the warehouse.
- Save money: While many barcode solutions require specific barcode readers, Finale Inventory integrates with any barcode equipment your company chooses, even Android phones. You can shop around for the readers that suit your budget. Our customers find that smartphones are often less expensive than conventional laser barcode readers.
- Eliminate paper in the warehouse: Handwritten or manual spreadsheet inventory tracking is time-consuming and often not user-friendly. Both methods require your team to count inventory by hand. The numbers vary in accuracy, depending on how regularly you can update these records. Paper and pencil pose the potential for math errors and illegible writing. Spreadsheets offer an improvement, with automatic calculations and a neatly laid out setup. Still, spreadsheets rely on a human to count stock and can be challenging to master. With Finale Inventory, you can go paperless with an easy-to-use inventory tracking software and scanners specifically designed for inventory management.
- Train new employees quickly: Many manual inventory tracking systems are challenging to learn. Every company has a different method, and both paper and spreadsheets can be difficult to read and organize. Finale Inventory’s software has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface. It can cut training time significantly. Even better, you can take advantage of our video tour, so training can be mostly virtual and self-guided.
Inventory control with barcode scanners can increase your inventory accuracy substantially. With bar-coded inventory, your computer program does all the hard work for you and updates your stock levels continuously. While computers aren’t perfect, they are lightning-fast and make far fewer errors than humans do.
The Finale Inventory system is an out-of-the-box solution. You don’t need a team of costly integration consultants to install the program. Getting the system set up is so simple, you can do it yourself in a matter of hours or a few days. Explore Finale Inventory’s feature-rich software to see if it is the right fit for your business.
Barcode Scanner Inventory Management Capabilities
Finale offers warehouse inventory software with wireless barcode scanning abilities to automate shipping, receiving, picking and packing. The application is available on Windows Mobile and Android OS handheld barcode scanners. You can also install the Finale Inventory barcode scanning application on an Android phone by downloading it from the Google Play store.
Finale Inventory combines barcode scanners and location and product barcode labels to manage and track your inventory. Products are created in Finale Inventory, and product counts are associated with physical locations in your warehouse.
How to Use Barcodes for Inventory Using Finale Inventory
The basic principle behind inventory control scanning systems is that every product has a unique number. That number can store many pieces of valuable data. Some information you can save includes the product’s supplier, dimensions and weight. The number can also store some variable data, such as the current stock of the item. The unique number sequence is beneath a barcode, which a scanner can access from the set of black vertical lines.
You can also assign barcodes to bins on a shelf. When you add or remove a product from the tray, just scan the barcodes on the product and its shelf. Finale Inventory’s software automatically updates with real-time information about an item’s location and the available stock.
Finale Inventory’s system uses one-dimensional barcodes, which are the traditional labels with vertical black lines. These codes can be read with a laser scanner or a linear image. You can choose to work with traditional laser scanners or use Android smartphones with the Finale Inventory Barcode Scanner app.
Please watch the video to learn more about the mobile scanning application.
You can use Finale Inventory’s barcode scanning system to simplify all your warehousing operations.
- Receiving a shipment: When a shipment arrives, simply scan the barcode on the purchase order. The screen will list all the items expected. Then, scan each item in the delivery. The data will save in the scanner and sync with the software via WiFi or USB docking. The scanner can also provide notifications while receiving shipments. You’ll know instantly if a wrong product is scanned or if products are missing. See the Receiving Shipments feature in action.
- Sales order picking: The barcode scanner can be configured for four picking and two packing methods. Learn more about Finale Inventory’s sales order picking solutions.
- Transfer stock between locations: You can track items as they move throughout the warehouse with Finale Inventory’s inventory tracking technology. With the scanner, you can select an item and choose an origin then a destination. The information will update the software via WiFi or docking. You’ll get a record of when the transfer occurred should you need it during an audit later. See how stock location transfer works.
- Conduct stock takes: The handheld scanner can use two modes for conducting stock takes. You can use a cycle count or an audit cycle count, where you write zeros. Watch how Finale Inventory performs stock takes.
How much time and money does it cost you when an unhappy customer receives an incorrect shipment? Besides the time and money required to rectify the order, you must also consider that unhappy customers are less likely to make another purchase from you.
The mobile barcode inventory management solution will add a layer of quality control by alerting warehouse team members when an incorrect item has been scanned. Finale Inventory utilizes three types of picking methods to improve efficiency and help decrease your picking errors.
- Single order, item by item picking: Finale Inventory has two ways to handle picking for one request at a time. The Basic Simple version will allow you to select an order and prompt you to scan the bar code. Basic Directed will tell you which item to pick, how many to pick, where to go in the warehouse and the most efficient route. To select which single-order picking mode you want, simply change the settings in your handheld scanner. See how Basic picking works.
- Wave picking: For an advanced picking method that allows you to make one trip throughout the warehouse and pick up multiple orders, our scanners have a wave picking feature. The scanner will enable you to organize various orders into bins as you travel throughout the warehouse.
- Pick and pack: With the pick and pack method, you can create a batch of orders. Your scanner will allow you to pick multiple orders and direct you to go to the packing location of the warehouse and then pack each order. Learn how Finale Inventory’s scanner technology simplifies the pick and pack process. If you are a ShipStation user, you can also leverage ShipStaton batch IDs or ShipStation tags to automatically create the batches.
No matter which picking method you use, data is sent from the mobile barcode scanner to Finale Inventory over WiFi. If your warehouse does not have WiFi or a weak signal, the data can also be transferred by connecting the reader and uploading data via USB cable (available only on Windows CE devices).
Benefits of Our Barcode Inventory Management Systems
Our barcode scanners help crucial warehouse operations run efficiently. With picking and packing directives and automatic notifications available right from the scanner interface, your warehouse can keep and ship stock more efficiently.
- Reduce manual errors and improve accuracy.
- Save time with efficient picking methods.
- Optimize just-in-time stock keeping.
- Implement continuous inventory management.
- Access real-time data.
- Receive automatic notifications.
- Make smarter decisions for reorders.
- Lose less inventory.
- Track more information.
If you want to start enjoying the benefits of our barcode scanner data collection software, sign up for Finale Inventory’s free trial today.
The Finale Inventory Advantage
Finale Inventory user Cable and Sensors leveraging Finale’s barcode scanners for wave order picking
If your supply chain or warehouse has inventory to manage, an inventory management system with barcode scanning can help you drastically increase your productivity in crucial ways. It can also save you time and money in overhead, labor and other areas of your business. Generally, your barcode inventory system includes hardware, such as barcode scanners and printers, as well as software. The program will run on computers and mobile devices that support barcode scanning and other applications.
When implemented correctly, the mobile barcode inventory management solution can significantly streamline your inventory processes while improving inventory count accuracy. When implemented incorrectly, adding portable barcode scanners to your inventory management solution will be an expensive and time-intensive endeavor that may not achieve the anticipated return on investment.
If the system does not work as it should, the program is often ignored and falls by the wayside. Worse, companies often learn the barcode system deficiencies early in the engagement while remaining locked in a long-term service contract. When selecting a mobile barcode inventory management solution, make sure to evaluate several vendors to find the best solution that meets the company’s needs.
How Does Our Barcode Scanning Solution Compare?
Does Finale Inventory have the right barcode solutions for your business? See how our services work for you.
- Customer service: When you sign up for Finale Inventory, you are assigned a customer relationship manager who will help you with every step of the process. Your customer relationship manager will provide consulting, training and any customization you need. We partner with you to create the solutions your business requires.
- Low commitment: Unlike many other programs, our plans are paid month-to-month with no longer-term obligations. You won’t have any setup or startup costs. You can also use our free 14-day trial to know for sure if Finale Inventory is the right tool for your business.
- Free training and consulting: All training and consulting is free during the trial period and throughout your partnership with Finale Inventory.
- Scalability: Our service is entirely scalable, perfect for growing businesses.
- Integration with your existing software: We understand inventory tracking is useful for so many aspects of your business. Finale Inventory Integrates with accounting software, point-of-sale (POS) systems and other programs to reduce the need for file transfers and manual processes.
- Fast and easy setup: Setting up a barcode scanning system from Finale Inventory takes a matter of hours or just a few days. You can also set it up yourself. Other companies use an integration consultant and may take a few weeks.
Barcode Label Printing
To complement your barcode scanning, Finale Inventory offers hardware and software to print custom barcode labels. Every business should be able to handle barcode labels in a way that works best for them. We designed the system to be highly adaptable and provide many options for barcode label printing.
You can design and print Universal Product Codes (UPCs) barcode labels or QR codes labels. We can support your bar-coding system regardless of what information you use in the naming convention.
Creating the proper barcode nomenclature can be a little tricky. Refer to our handy barcode labeling guide to get more information. Need additional assistance? Call or email us.
We designed the barcode solution to be as flexible and versatile as possible. Our inventory tracking software will work with any Windows-based mobile barcode scanner, Android-based mobile barcode scanner or Android phone. Unlike other companies, the barcode scanning application is hardware-agnostic and does not require you to use any specific make, model or brand.
We want you to have maximum flexibility to find the best hardware that best suits your application. If you need assistance, use our guide to scanner hardware requirements, complete with recommended models and vendors.
Other Resources for Barcode Inventory Management
We’ve compiled a few helpful resources about our barcode management applications and hardware.
- Barcode label basics
- Data collector installation instructions
- Mobile barcode scanner hardware requirements
Start Your Free Trial Today
Finale Inventory is a barcode inventory system for small businesses. Tour all the features Finale Inventory has to offer, including warehousing and integration with retail barcode scanning software. If you’re ready to transform your inventory management operations, sign up for a free trial today.
Huge time saver to conduct stock takes – I used to do stock takes with pen and paper. Using Finale and a mobile barcode scanner I get it done in half the time. Last Saturday I never would have finished doing stock takes for my 60 sublocations without the scanner and Finale. A must have for any small business looking to save time with inventory management.” Robert F.Miami Restaurant Suppliers
May 17, 2018
The software provides a simple solution to a common problem managing a single inventory through multi platform online sales channel. eBay, Amazon, and webstore inventory can be managed using Finale. It’s easy to use for staff, smooth integration to ShipStation, easy integration with online platforms with more APIs in the works, and great tech support. Handheld scanner enables staff to add and remove inventory with ease.
Great reporting features, and is the only software in over 10 years in the industry that can manage eBay, auction, fixed price, Amazon and webstore inventory.Chiman Lee
Goodwill of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin county
April 11, 2018
Comprehensive Product, Great Customer Service – Everything you want to do for your warehouse inventory tracking, Finale can do it. It has integrations with various website storefronts, warehouse scanner capabilities and a ton of automated reports you can customize.Katrina E.
May 17, 2018